Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A time to move...

"There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens...
A time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant...A time to tear down, and a time to build."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-3


Our office was moved yesterday. At one point, late morning, I stood in the doorway of an empty room that had been my office "home" for nearly seven years. I was moved by all that had gone on there and moved at the warp-speed passage of time. After much work, at the end of the work day, I stood in the doorway of my new office, admiring how lovely it all looked. Places have always been so important to me! Perhaps too important. I had to take daily walks all around Missoula, saying good-bye, before I was able to leave there when I graduated. I still drive by the old house on Dale, just to see what they've done to it and how it looks now. Places are important to me and someday, probably when I retire, I will look at the office I moved into yesterday with a lump in my throat. Our passages of time. Our places and spaces. God holds all of these in the palm of his hand and gives our shoulders a squeeze. It's all good. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment