Wednesday, January 2, 2013

An attitude of gratitude

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans."
Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939
 
Did you make any New Year's resolutions this year? I usually don't get caught up in those really, but I watched a couple of episodes of Ken Burns' documentary, "Baseball," and one absolutely hit me between the eyes. I need to be more grateful. Instead of concentrating on the things that may be missing, I need to be grateful for what is here. The glass is half full, not half empty! It is way too easy to get wrapped around the problems, tragedies, bad stuff and not take enough time to appreciate the good and glorious. So, this brand, new year, I am taking a page out of Lou Gehrig's playbook. I am amazingly blessed with everything I could possibly need in this life! Amen! Alleluia! Love, heidi

1 comment: