Wednesday, April 10, 2013

God on the back burner?

"In essence, there is only one thing God asks of us--that we be men and women of prayer, people who live close to God, people for whom God is everything and for whom God is enough."
Brennan Manning, "The Ragamuffin Gospel"

This seems like such a stage-of-life thing to me. During our early stages of life we may put God on the back burner. We know about and appreciate God, but God may not be our "everything." I had such a strong sense of God even as a child, but, even so, I was not as tuned in to God as I am now--kids grown, more time to pray...It is so wonderful to realize that God waits for us during those times, isn't it? Now that I have more time to spend with God, I appreciate even more how God carried me through some of the difficult times of my life. Especially during those times God languished on the back burner of my mind! Today is a good time to spend some time in quiet with God and sort of touch base. Are we making significant time for God during our prayer time? Where is God in our day? God wants to be smack-dab in the middle of it! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment