Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Make a miracle!

"Then (Jesus) took the seven loaves and the fish, gave thanks, broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave them to the crowds."
Matthew 15:36
 
I may have missed something in previous readings of this Gospel, but today it jumped out at me...Jesus chose to involve the disciples in making the miracle!  Jesus could have had the bread rain down from heaven or magically appear in the peoples' pockets or satchels.  But, Jesus chose to have the disciples distribute the bread and fish to the crowd as a precursor to his followers participating in making the miracles to come.  God is still using human hands to make miracles in our world today.  God is using OUR hands to feed the crowd, heal the sick, comfort the lonely.  God is using our hands just as vividly as Jesus used the disciples to distribute the bread and fish to the people in the Gospel.  Jesus, please use my hands today! I offer you the little bit that I have to share and willing hands to distribute it!  Please multiply my efforts and make a miracle today in my little corner of the world.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment