Thursday, January 23, 2014

My wanderings you have counted...

"My wanderings you have counted;
my tears are stored in your flask..."
Psalm 56:9
 
Isn't this one of the most beautiful images in scripture?  It reminds us that God is so intimately involved in each one of our lives! All throughout our lives, we may wander in and out of touch with God, and yet, God hangs with us, waits for us to try it our way, and is present to pick up the pieces when we come back.  I was praying and pondering last night about my relatively new role as the parent of adult children.  It is such a different role and takes getting used to.  The kids will call and want to talk, and I may be tempted to tell them what to do or direct them in some way.  When the fact is, they just want to talk.  I may just need to be there, on the other end of the phone, just to receive.  I love and eagerly await those calls, but realize they need to make their own mistakes and learn their own lessons. They need to wander their own wanderings.  And isn't that so much what God does for us, as we are God's adult children?  God lets us wander our ways and make our mistakes, and then is there for us to collect our tears in a flask.  This touches my heart today, Friends! May it bless your day, too...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment