Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Angel of God, my guardian dear...

"Right next to you, as near as your skin, is your guardian angel. Your angel has special responsibility for your life, watching over you and keeping a circle of light around your life lest any negative power take over you or damage you in any way."
John O'Donohue, "Four Elements"
 
I admit, it's been along time since I thought about my guardian angel!  I seem to have gotten way too concrete in my spiritual thinking, so, thanks be to God, I picked up this book for a book reflection for my class!  Spiritual matters shouldn't be so concrete.  It's sad when we miss, what O'Donohue calls, "the invisible" and just concentrate on the "visible."  In the spiritual life, the invisible abounds!  So, today, I'm going to reacquaint myself with my guardian angel.  I'm so grateful to have this dear being at my elbow.  I'm grateful for the circle of light surrounding me and keeping me from harm.  It may be invisible but I'm grateful to know it's there!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment