Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Of grumbles and tunics...

"Do everything without grumbling or questioning..."
Philippians 2:14
 
"In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple."
Luke 14:33
 
Both of these readings spoke to me today because I have too many of all of it--grumblings and possessions!  I may have made a wee effort to reduce the amount of grumbling when I am with others, but get me alone in the car and I can be a champion grumbler.  I wonder if God tires of eavesdropping on my rants?  I bet so.  And, despite all my speeches to the contrary, I have far too many tunics hanging in the closet. What I am clinging to and yet, not even wearing, I am taking from someone else.  Ridiculous.  So, today I am going to make a conscious effort to rid myself of grumbles and tunics.  I surely can do without so many of them!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment