Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Breezy and calm...

"The God-centered soul is calm in a way the self-centered soul can never be."
Paula Huston, "Simplifying the Soul"
 
This really struck me this morning.  The last couple of days have been a whirlwind of getting things spiffed up for my boss who came to town yesterday, turning in my state car to switch to another, and getting ready to head off to Spiritual Director School later today.  Phew!  At times I have felt the exact opposite of calm, believe me! (For one thing--how did the state car get to be such a mess in just five years?) Anyway, I felt very un-calm, if that is even a word.  This passage from this amazing Lent book helps me to realize that it is my self-centeredness that gives me the un-calm.  I am spinning myself into a whirling dervish, on my own.  What God desires for me is  more of a peaceful calm and a breezier attitude about these events.  They are not earth-shattering!  They really only affect me. (Well, me and the poor person who inherits this car).  Today, as the madness continues, I will cling to this phrase, "The God-centered soul is calm..." Maybe that will help you, today, too!  Blessings on the rest of your week, Dears...I will return on Monday.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment