Tuesday, October 27, 2015

That was Jesus?

"Dearest Lord, may I see you today and every day in the person of your sick and, while nursing them, minister unto you. Though you hide yourself behind the unattractive disguise of the irritable, the exacting, the unreasonable, may I still recognize you and say, 'Jesus, my patient (client, student, fellow traveler) how sweet it is to serve you.'"
~Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (I added the "client, student, fellow traveler" part)
 
Ok, so yesterday, I got to the office on a Monday morning and there was a scathing message on the message machine.  I mean, it was hard to hear. It was not directed at me, personally, but the person on the other end was obviously "irritable, exacting, and unreasonable."  Just the person Mother Teresa is talking about here.  And that was Jesus?  Wow, that. I sure didn't recognize him!  Let's keep our eyes open today for the most difficult person we encounter and treat that person as Jesus in disguise.  Can we treat them with kindness and compassion? Let's try!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment