Wednesday, December 9, 2015

God coming to us

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28
 
Last night, after receiving communion, I was praying at my seat.  I was close enough that I could hear the Eucharistic Ministers giving communion to all the others.  Body of Christ. Body of Christ. Blood of Christ. Body of Christ. I contemplated the words over and over as I heard them and I realized how Jesus continually comes to us, even as he also beckons us to him in this scripture from Matthew. God tries so hard to get our attention! God coming as a beautiful, vulnerable baby. Jesus coming to us, as his very self in the Eucharist. All are all signs of God seeking us, not the other way around. God coming to us. God looking to comfort us. God reaching out to us, as a tiny baby, from the manger. God's mercy for us. Body of Christ. Blood of Christ. Body of Christ. Amen!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment