Friday, September 30, 2016

Limitless love inside!

"Love is just like prayer; it is not so much an action that we do, but a dialogue that already flows through us."
Fr. Richard Rohr, Daily Meditation, 9/30/16

I so often call myself up short because I don't feel I am loving well or just not loving others at all.  Between my harsh judgments and snarky thoughts running through my head (and sometimes they tumble out of my mouth, unfortunately), I just know I could love others better. So what if I think about love as a limitless pool deep, deep inside me? I can access that deep pool of love anytime I want...that is prayer.  The love is already there, I just need to dip down and grasp it, pull it up in a bucket like water from a well. After grasping it, it is very available for me to share with others; friends, family, strangers, people who bug me.  Love isn't something I can work on or attain, but love is something already there I just need to tap into, scoop up and pass along.  This is such good stuff to ponder!  As we end our September and turn ourselves deeper into fall, let's carve out some time to sit and pray and access the deep love God has put in our hearts already...not because we are good, but because God is good! (Thanks, Richard Rohr!) Blessings on your autumn weekend, love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment