Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Serving God

"...but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, willingly serving the Lord and not human beings..."
Ephesians 6:6-7

All this talk about slavery can make us uncomfortable, can't it? But this part about serving God and not human beings hits home for me. As fulfilling and wonderful as my job is, I've been doing it nearly forty years and, frankly, there are days I long for something else.  This discontent gives me pause, and I listen to it, because, amid the clamber of restlessness, God may be calling me to something new.  Yesterday I had one of those moments, driving between appointments, when I just wondered "How long, Lord?" (Psalm 13:2) I arrived at the lady's house, spent a wonderful hour with her, was able to provide an item that helped her a great deal and left there with a sense of serving the Lord.  All good, that.  It is the will of God I desire to do. The human beings, most often, give me joy, and I really love them, but it is God I serve.  So, thank you, Gracious God, for helping me serve you and showing me your will. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment