Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Santa Fe, All the Way!

"'Holy Faith all the way. Lord, it is good to be here.' It will be your holy faith which tells you that wherever 'here' is at this moment in your life is a gift from God since the purpose of each 'here' is to transform us."
Fr. Ed Hays, "The Lenten Labyrinth"

Fr. Ed refers to the slogan from the Santa Fe Railroad, "Santa Fe, all the way!" which translates to Holy faith, all the way! It is such a fitting slogan for Lent, as is the quote from Peter at the Transfiguration, "Lord, it is good to be here." (Matthew 17:4) Though these two phrases may seem contradictory, they are actually quite compatible. I surely need both in my life right now, as I'm one who likes to have the future planned to the day and that just isn't possible. Or realistic. Or even spiritually edifying! I need to shout Santa Fe all the way! And rely on God to guide me into the future God wants for me. And, just as importantly, I need to relax in the knowledge that this "here" is exactly where God wants me to be right now. What about you? Is your faith allowing you to leave the future in God's hands? Are you appreciating that the "here" you are experiencing is just where God has placed you to grow? Food for thought, right?  Love heidi

Oh, the website Catholic Moms was kind enough to publish a reflection from me today! Please check it out:
http://catholicmom.com/2017/03/15/daily-gospel-reflection-march-15-2017/

No comments:

Post a Comment