Monday, December 9, 2019

A little child...

..."and a little child shall lead them."
Isaiah 11:6

Yesterday, Pastor Gretchen had a wonderful sermon titled, "A child shall lead them" (link to the video below). It was rich and thought-provoking and led me to think of the little kids I work with at school and how they teach and lead me each day. Some of the lessons are hard! I'm humbled by how I often fall short of how I'd like to be with them. I know I can certainly do better at loving them some days! The hardest ones are the ones who probably need our love the most. That's a valuable lesson and leading right there! We have two weeks of school left  before our long winter's nap. I want to pay as close attention as possible to the lessons and leadings these kids offer me. And God, who led me to the school to work in the first place, is my Mighty Champion, helping me every step of the way.
I invite you to listen to the sermon and ponder what children in your own life are leading you closer to God? God came to us in human form as a newborn baby, giving us flawless meaning to the phrase, "and a little child shall lead them." Love, heidi
A child shall lead them

No comments:

Post a Comment