Tuesday, May 5, 2015

An amazing peace!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."
John 14:27
 
That seems to be a tall order-especially in this day and age. When Jesus says this to his disciples and ultimately, to us, does he know all the troubles of our lives two thousand years later? I believe he does. And that why he says it. So what can we take away from this reading, especially including the first part of the verse, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you." What does this mean for us on our 21st century Tuesday?  I believe it means that God is working within us, constantly, giving us all we need to live and love in our world today. When we are challenged by difficult situations or circumstances, Jesus breathes his peace into us, giving us a calm sense of well-being. "I can do this...this will work out. I will be OK." It gives us the reassurance that God is continuously working in the situation to bring about good...good for all. I believe it means that, even when things are clambering around us, feeling overwhelmingly difficult, we can stop, take a deep breath and breathe in the peace the world cannot give.  And that is some fabulous kind of peace.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment