Thursday, May 7, 2015

That joy!

"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete."
John 15:11
 
This always reminds me of that old song we used to sing, "I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart..."  You may remember it, and if you do, it will be in your head all day! You're welcome...
But what is that joy, exactly?  In thinking about it, it seems like it's a comfort, a reassurance, an inner sense that all is good, really, even if it doesn't seem so on the surface.  Things may be muddled around us, but, ultimately, God loves us and all will be OK, eventually.  We know the Source of comfort and peace and that Source lives deep within us, giving us the glimmer of joy, no matter what.  Let's spend today relishing that joy and even singing this little song, celebrating that joy, joy, joy, joy...where?  Down in my heart! Love, heidi
PS, I will be away a few days, Friends.  Enjoy your weekend and Happy Mom's Day to all moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment