Friday, June 26, 2015

If you wish...

"Jesus stretched out his hand and said, 'I will do it. Be made clean.' His leprosy was cleansed immediately."
Matthew 8:3
 
And, just like that, the leper is cleansed. There have surely been times when I wanted such immediate and positive results to my prayers. But, when that hasn't happened, God has been teaching me patience. In the fullness of time...  Thanks be to God I haven't lost faith when the prayers haven't been immediately answered because I can look way back and see that prayers have indeed been answered in God's way and in God's time. Sometimes God used my suggestions and sometimes not. As I grow on my journey, I hope to pray more like this leper who said,   "If you wish, you can make me clean" (v. 2)  Let's all learn from this dear fellow today and begin our prayers with "If you wish, Lord..." Blessings on your summer weekend! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment