Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Inner peace...amid the chaos

"If every detail in your life is seen as a part of God's loving plan, then your inner core is filled with peace and harmony, even if sorrows and worries are easily recognized on the outside."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"

This hit home with me today because right now, things are really stirred up for me. The kids are going through some exciting life changes, and we parents know how that can be. We are happy for them, and yet, we can see possible roadblocks ahead that may trip them up. It's a new school year, so I am trying to schedule all my little lunch-hour mobility students. And, I got a new phone, which for me as a middle-age person, is quite mystifying. Not to mention all the things going on in the country and the world and the fact that my mom's been gone eleven years, today. Phew! My head and my heart are just churning! It is precisely at these times when we need to take the time to sit at Jesus' feet. We need to settle our hearts on Jesus and remember that He will help us through everything. He doesn't wave a magic wand and change everything, but Jesus works in us, giving us all we need to take care of the details of living our lives. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment