Thursday, September 15, 2011

Our Lady, our Friend

"Mary is someone who helps us live through our troubles as she did--with faith, courage and love."
Sr. Melannie Svoboda, "In Steadfast Love"

Today's feast of Our Lady of Sorrows got me thinking. I really got to know Mary during a time of difficulty and this quote by Sr. Melannie was spot-on. Mary's quiet presence with me was exactly what I needed. Mary's example of a woman of faith and courage was the perfect example for me. And, with all due respect, sometimes we women just need a girlfriend to share the difficult times and Mary was that for me, too. Mary's life was not easy by any stretch of the imagination. She was a devoted daughter of God, handpicked to be the mother of the Savior, and yet, her life was anything but easy. She experienced much of what we mothers experience in our lives and much, much more. What better companion to us could there be? Mary is the picture of faith, hope and love we can gaze upon and see how to do it. She knows our struggles and can share in them. Just like a girlfriend. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment