Monday, December 19, 2011

Clean house!

"Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety."
Psalm 71:3

It's getting harder and harder to pray these days. My head is too full of lists, plans, recipes, and keeping track of who's naughty and who's nice. The first three are OK, the last one needs to go. I have the most difficulty trying NOT to judge people. I tend to make immediate, sometimes harsh, judgments and then get all wound around the axle, digging myself deeper and deeper. Why can't I just accept people for who they are, as they are? Why can't this last week of Advent springboard me into being a more accepting, less judgmental person? Lucky for me, it can! Let's all spend some time this last week of Advent "cleaning house" and getting our minds, attitudes and hearts ready for the Christ Child! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment