Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ordinary, but not so ordinary

"The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him."
Luke 2:40

And that is pretty much the last we hear about Jesus until he is twelve years old. Wouldn't you love to know more of the details of his childhood? I guess childhoods weren't that important to chronicle in those days, but what fun that would be. I think the thing we can assume is that Jesus had a normal childhood. So normal, in fact, that the locals were so surprised when he became famous for healing the sick and performing miracles...so surprised they did not believe any of it. If you read that sentence from Luke and didn't know it was about Jesus, you would think it could have been about any child, couldn't it? I mean, not to brag or anything, but my kids grew strong and wise and I know that God's favor has been upon them because I have seen God working in their lives so vividly! So, while Jesus may have appeared to some to be ordinary, of course, he was not. But, in some ways, he was....
I am on my way to the Sisters of Charity Motherhouse in Kansas today, Friends! Prayers for all of you, blessings on your weekend, and I'll see you next week! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment