Monday, May 14, 2012

Love even the Tulip-napper!

"This I command you: love one another."
John 15:17

I'm calling it the Great Tulip Heist of 2012. While I was away over the weekend, someone came and cut down every single one of my tulips! Most of them had already bloomed and I certainly had already received much joy from them, but it was such a shock to pull in the driveway and see nothing but green stems sitting there, naked. I reasoned that, perhaps, some kid had taken them to give Mom on Mother's Day. I could live with that. I need to reason this out because I just don't want to feel badly about people. I want to love people, as Jesus commands us, but when people do dumb stuff, even has insignificant as stealing tulips, it's much harder to love them. The command is to love all people, no matter what they do, and that is what Jesus modeled for us. We can only love the way Jesus loves if we first turn to him and welcome his love into our own hearts. Filled up with that, we can love anyone! Even someone guilty of Tulip-napping! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment