Thursday, July 19, 2012

Come and sit...

"Jesus said, 'Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest...'"
Matthew 11:28

My most powerful and amazing experience of this reading is when I, well...experienced it for myself. I was getting a massage one Saturday, and I always just zoned out during a massage--no talking or anything, I just got lost in my own world. My mind went to a log downed over a lovely stream. There was Jesus, sitting on the log. He beckoned me and held out his hand to steady me as I sat down beside him. Me, being human, and ever so practical, said, "I don't want to keep you from anything..." Jesus responded, "I've got nowhere else to be...I'm here completely for you." So it wasn't just that Jesus called me, like this reading today, but Jesus had ALL the time in the world for me! It was such an awesome time for me and I think of it so often, but especially when I read this reading. I'm so much better at carving out time for sitting on the log with Jesus now. It used to be the only time I was still and silent was during a massage! But now, Jesus beckons me from the log constantly and I go. And, always, always, Jesus has all the time in the world for me! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment