Monday, April 1, 2013

Alleluia!

"Whether the day is stormy or fair, whether I am sick or healthy, whether I feel like a dirt ball or a butterfly, whatever comes cannot alter the fact that the Lord has risen."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

Early yesterday morning, I drove to Twin Falls to meet up with daughter Sam and son Blaine to celebrate Easter. On the play-list were praise and worship tunes, and I sang my heart out the whole way to Twin. I even got teary on some songs, just realizing the joy of it all! Jesus Christ is so real and so true and so RISEN! Then, on reading this today, I realized that the joy I experienced in the car is Easter joy that can never be taken away from me. No matter what happens in my life, this joy is as real as the Risen Jesus and just as eternal. I loved seeing the kids and had a wonderful day, and down deep, I reveled in the Easter-ness of it all, the risen-ness of Jesus and the realness of Jesus in my life. And that is about as beautiful as can be... Alleluia! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment