Wednesday, June 19, 2013

God loves our "not yet"

"God loves what in us is not yet."
Carlo Caretto, as quoted by Brennan Manning in "The Ragamuffin Gospel"

Wow, that is fun to think about isn't it? God knows and loves us so deeply that God even loves that in us which is not yet. Hummmm...As I was thinking about this, this morning, I thought about a seed. A seed has everything it will become within it even in its seed state. The small seed has all the makings of a plant, flower and fruit, right there. As far as we humans go, we have all that we are to become within us too. I work with many elderly ladies and I often wonder what kind of little old lady I will be one day, when it's time for me to be a little old lady. The point of this reading today is to ponder the fact that God loves that little old lady that I will become, well before I become her! Fascinating! Blessings on your Wednesday...let's celebrate the fact that our God loves every bit of us now and whoever we will be! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment