Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The essence of faith...

"The essence of biblical faith lies in trusting God."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

All the study, talk, conviction, all of it, can be reduced to this one sentence.  Trusting God.  It is easier in some cases than it is in others.  There's a situation right now, that, while I'm sort of up-in-the-air in it, I am totally at peace, knowing it will work out.  But there are many other situations that I stress and worry about and can't seem to let go, peacefully trusting God.  Why would I trust God in some things, but not others?  Well, that is the mystery of me, but I think we all have some situations that test our faith. It is easier for me to release situations that are more spiritual in nature to God than the more secular areas of my life, but that doesn't make sense either.  Isn't God involved in EVERY area of my life, not just the spiritual?  I can look back through my whole journey and see God in every bit of it, not just in spiritual endeavors!  So, as we begin the bustle of Thanksgiving preparations, let's practice the essence of faith--trusting God.  God is certainly worthy of our trust, because no one loves us more!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment