Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Today--the best day yet!

"Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we shall go into such and such a town, spend a year there doing business, and make a profit'--you have no idea what your life will be like tomorrow."
James 4:13
 
This is one lesson held up to me last summer on retreat.  I am so guilty of thinking too far ahead.  "I'm gonna do this and then that..." I say.  While a certain amount of future planning may be prudent, the danger is to get so caught up in the future plans that you completely miss today. In praying for what is in my future, I was gently reminded that I could do a bit better with what I'm doing now.  Lord, I see today in front of me.  I can't see around the corner to what tomorrow will bring, but I woke up this morning so today is on my plate. Please help me to do my absolute best with today.  Please lead me and guide me to do your will with love--today.  All the tomorrows I may have will take care of themselves.  Today may be my best day yet!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment