Thursday, February 6, 2014

Your Grace is enough!

"He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick--no food, no sack, no money in their belts."
Mark 6:8
 
This morning, the reflection on this reading on Pray-As-You-Go said, "When I'm working for God the Lord will provide what I need." Why is that such a hard lesson for me to learn?  It all fits together so nicely with the simple goals I have set for this year, though, and just this past Monday I prayed, "Make me teachable!" So, the lessons come and I balk..."no, not THAT lesson!"  This Gospel, again, reminds us that walking the way of Jesus is a simple, uncluttered life.  It is only complicated by our need to cling to stuff--like that second tunic.  The less you have, the less you have to encumber yourself.  Lord, please help me to trust in your providence and live the simple life you desire for me!  You know what's best for me and what I really need to do your will.  Help me to remember your Grace is enough! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment