Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Get rid of false gods!

"...we will not serve your god or worship the golden statue that you set up."
Daniel 3:18
 
This reading gets me double checking to see what god I am worshipping.  The god of personal success? The god of 30% off at Kohl's? The god of Make-sure-people-like-me? These are all false gods I seem to gravitate to at one time or another.  Now is a good time to dismantle the altars I have for them and worship the only God there is: the God who urges me to use my gifts for the glory of God alone. The God who desires that I live simply, humbly and charitably. The God who loves me enough that I don't have to compromise myself to make sure others love me.  That God.  Are there any altars you need to dismantle before Holy Week in your house?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment