Thursday, June 26, 2014

Love others

"Jesus said to his disciples, 'Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."
Matthew 7:21
 
Talk is cheap, as they say.  Words are easy.  Which is probably why words aren't enough for Jesus.  Jesus wants actions behind the words.  He wants our words to translate into something good for someone else...he wants our words to manifest into action, benefitting others.  When I was praying on retreat, I prayed that my life be all about Jesus. How can I do that? I prayed.  Jesus answered me with just two words, "Love others."  My life can only be about Jesus if I love others.  That's how THAT works.  Jesus won't know that my heart belongs to him unless I show him by loving others.  And Jesus will help me with that every step of the way.  Thank you, Jesus, for giving us such clear marching orders!  There is no question how we are to behave in the world...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment