Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What would you ask of God today?

"O God, you have taught me from my youth, and till the present I proclaim your wondrous deeds."
Psalm 71:17

On Pray-as-You-Go this morning the question is asked, "What would you like to ask from God today?"  I flashed back to a wonderful homily I heard recently in Montana:

"To see thee more clearly, follow thee more nearly, and love thee more dearly!"
St. Richard of Chichester

Lord, I want to see you in your many disguises; the people who need me, the people who struggle with life, the people filled with joy that you sprinkle through my summer day.  Lord, I want to do your will.  I want to do what you want me to do, regardless of whether or not I can do it well. It's not about success, it's only about faithfulness. And finally, Lord, I want you to be my Everything, the focus of my life.  All that I am and all that I have are yours, Lord...please do with me what you will!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment