Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Even the little old ladies...

"Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus...he emptied himself."
Philippians 2:5,8
 
He emptied himself. Jesus gave all he had to give. He left nothing on the table. He did it all.  And he asks the same of us. So, why is it that I can go into an Assisted Living facility and find myself arguing with a little old lady? Mystifying, isn't it? We, who have been given so much, are asked to give like Jesus gave and it is so hard sometimes.  I can absolutely lose it with the very people I am here on this planet to serve.  Good grief.  Dear Jesus, I am not like you.  I'm so very far from being like you that I sometimes wonder why you put up with me.  But I realize you can use me, even in my weakness.  Please let me be more open to following you as you served, emptying yourself for all of humanity...even the difficult little old ladies! Amen! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment