Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Of veterans and founders and worldly desires...

"For the grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires..."
Titus 2:11-12

Yada, yada, yada...but I have a 30% off coupon at Kohl's starting today!  I have a confession to make.  I was sitting, doing my prayer time when suddenly I reached over to grab a pen to jot down the things I want to look for while shopping today.  I stopped short, suddenly seeing Jesus looking at me, shaking his head and chuckling..."Seriously, heidi? Do you have to do that now?"  I laughed with him, defending myself by saying I have a bag in the car for donations and I just need a few things and besides, I have a coupon! Sometimes I wonder how Jesus puts up with me.  But then I realize that Jesus knows all about being human because he was human; a sinless human, but still. Jesus was not a fuddy duddy, stick-in-the-mud Pharisee type human either.  Jesus had friends and laughed and celebrated at parties.  And, who knows, maybe Jesus shopped for a new tunic a time or two.   Jesus delights in us, even as he may shake his head and chuckle to himself at our antics.  Thank you to all veterans, here and beyond. And happy Founder's Day to the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment