Monday, July 27, 2015

More than enough

 "Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, said to him,
'There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish;
but what good are these for so many?'”
John 6:9
 
Yesterday, reflecting on this reading, I re-read the chapter in "Jesus: A Pilgrimage" by James Martin SJ (chapter 15--Tabgha--if you want to give it a go). It refreshed the wonderful gift of the multiplication of the loaves and fish we heard proclaimed from the Gospel of St. John.  Jesus is always so willing to multiply our meager efforts for the greater good.  We may feel inadequate, ill-equipped, and just not able to give what is needed in any situation, but our efforts, combined with God's grace can make a difference in the world. Like the little boy in this Gospel, we just need to offer our loaves and fish to Jesus and Jesus will multiple them to meet the need.  Lord, I feel very inadequate as I set out this Monday morning.  I struggle so with Mondays (as you know!), I'm a bit tired after not-enough sleep and my technology inadequacies challenge me every day.  But I offer you my meager loaves and fish for you to multiply and meet the needs of all I meet today--my clients, strangers and friends I will encounter.  I feel like I come with a rather empty basket of goods, but, in your hands, it can be more than enough.  Thank you, Jesus!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment