Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Think of what is above...

"Think of what is above, not of what is on earth."
Colossians 3:2
 
I tried something new last night that really helped me turn off the day and my "thinking of what is on earth." Since it is getting dark so much earlier I took advantage of that, lit a candle and just sat in the candle-light and silence for a while.  I didn't do any reading, thus not engaging my mind there.  I didn't turn on any music, thus engaging my mind there, either.  I just sat in the glow of the candle and let go of the day.  My mind wandered a bit, as it swept out the last of Tuesday, but it gave me such a lovely, peace-filled mind and heart.  Still in silence and without turning on the lights, (don't try this if you don't have some adaptive skills!) I crawled into bed.  I was able to settle into such a peaceful rest and can't help but wonder if letting go of the day like this may be the reason. If you have a difficult time thinking of what is above and letting go of a busy day on earth, you may want to try this little prayer form.  Just sit in the glow of a candle and rest with Jesus.  No need to say anything, read anything or listen to anything except Jesus. Just rest and let go of the day.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment