Wednesday, October 28, 2015

St. Jude, pray for us...

"Saint Jude, glorious apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus..."
Novena to St. Jude
 
Today, being the feast of St. Jude, I picked up my novena book and it opened automatically to this novena.  Let me just say that my family has been asking St. Jude for prayers for a hundred years (that's NOT an exaggeration!) My dad credits St. Jude's prayers for many miracles in his life, such as escaping basic training during WWII.  St. Jude has been our Go-to for intercessory prayer as long as I can remember.  So, this little book of novenas...I wrote down in the margins each time I prayed this novena and for what intention.  I can easily see that St. Jude's prayers got my kids through difficult times; finals, board exams, moves, relationships.  St. Jude's prayers helped us sell houses, get summer jobs, obtain internships.  St. Jude is a rock star.  I know the mystery of asking the saints for prayers may seem foreign to some, but it can be so comforting--asking a friend of Jesus to pray with you.  Today, St. Jude, thanks, so much, for your many prayers over the years.  My dad never would have survived boot camp...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment