Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Let there be peace

  "See that you not be deceived, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he,' and, 'the time has come.'"
Luke 21:8

Pray-As-You-Go had such an interesting take on this today and it really got me thinking.  They asked if there was anything in our lives that leads us from being our best self. I always thought of this verse warning us not to follow false leaders or guides and it surely can mean that, too.  But aren't there times when we get caught up in something, a drama or situation, that leads us away from being our best? Maybe we chime in with the negative chorus instead of looking at it a more positive way? I can think of one myself, where the common reaction of others is sort of panicky and anxious.  I thought just one calm, reassuring voice amid the clamber would surely help, but I wasn't hearing it. It dawned on me this morning that maybe I need to be the calm, reassuring voice instead of looking around for one.  Lord, please help me to be the voice of peace I long to hear in the situations of my life.   Help me not to join in the negative chorus but to sing a positive verse, even if it has to be a solo at first.  As we all gather with others this week, let there be peace...and let it begin with us! Happy Thanksgiving and blessings abundant to you all! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment