Monday, December 7, 2015

Be strong! Fear not!

"Strengthen the hands that are feeble, make firm the knees that are weak.
Say to those whose hearts are frightened; be strong, fear not!
Here is your God..."
Isaiah 35:3-4
 
God can and will change us if we allow it.  But it may not be like the Fairy Godmother changing Cinderella before the ball.  It certainly may not be instantaneous; God works slowly and carefully. It may not feel immediately fabulous; it may feel uncomfortable, at first, like wearing an ill-fitting outfit.  But, one thing we will be able to count on--the changes will bring positive fruit in us and in our lives.  That is how we will know it is of God--by the fruit.  I notice, in myself, these changes which at times, perplex me.  Why do I feel this way? Why can't I be the way I used to be? What's wrong with me? In the quiet, I realize that I'm slowly, carefully, lovingly being changed into more the "real" me.  I'm a tough, old nut to crack, but I can see God wisely smoothing me over, like water over a jagged stone, smoothing and shaping it.  Sometimes I don't recognize myself and it's weird. But, I can admit my hands seem a bit stronger and my knees a bit firmer.  God will definitely work with us to help us grow if we give God the go-ahead to do so.  Here is our God!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment