Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Relax and surrender...

"We are passing on the very love of God from age to age...This is the joining of hands from generation to generation that can and will change the world."
Fr. Richard Rohr, Daily Meditation, 12/21/16

Whenever I prepare to gather with family for the holidays, I always pray that I will be (as my mother put it) a "good girl." I don't want to be crabby or contrary, demanding or easily flummoxed. I just want everyone to have a great time! Well, today's Richard Rohr reflection gave me a much better prayer, which I will take with me into the family throng.  I pray to surrender to the great flow of God's Love.  I certainly don't earn or achieve God's love, but only need to surrender to it.  I only need to let go and allow this Love to pass through me to others.  If I can stop thinking of it as something I "do" but only something I surrender "to," I will get it.  Gracious God of Gatherings and Celebrations, please remind me through the next several days to let go and surrender to You. Help me to stop with my own agenda and remember that I need only relax in Your love that is like an ocean surrounding me.  I have everything I will ever need to pass this Love on to whomever I meet through these Holy-days.  And to you, Dear Friends, I wish you peace and oceans of Love...until next week, love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment