Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Snow from heaven?

"Yet just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful..."
Isaiah 55:10

And. Just like that, it's winter. Snow, ice, cold. It happened so fast: in the morning I was outside, cleaning up the yard and just a few hours later I was shoveling several inches of snow. Just like that. As I am trying to do in my life lately, I looked for God in it all. As I was slip-sliding to the gym last night I saw a huge yellow ball in the sky and realized it was the Super moon I'd read about.  So, thanks, God for that! When I think of the minor inconveniences I experience through this weather, they cannot compare with the people who are struggling to keep warm without housing or heat. Being mindful of others who suffer so much worse than I is God, present, nudging me right there. What can I do to help? I want to! Also, there was such a peacefulness outside shoveling late Sunday night. It was quiet and windless and God just invited me to think of it as a reflective time as I shoveled along.  I was grateful for the ability to get out there and do it, too, so there is God inspiring me to appreciate my physical abilities and be grateful. So, yes. God is all over the place in the winter wonderful that is east Idaho right now. Can we open our eyes and see? Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment