Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Jesus' family...

"For whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother."
Mark 3:35

I have usually felt that, rather than dissing his blood family in this passage, Jesus is including all throughout history who would follow his path of love.  And that includes all from every creed who do the will of God--which is loving others. No matter what our station or task in life is, we are to do it with love for others.  There were many more defined lines of service when I was growing up. I remember my dad telling me that priests and nuns were giving up their lives to God, for God's service. But now I see that anyone who does whatever they do with love is living in God's service and doing God's will. It sounds easy, but we all know it isn't at all. It's hard loving people sometimes! Clearly, in our world, there seems to be a definite shortage of love. I could go off on retreat for days to discern what the will of God may be for me, but, in reality, it is all very simple. God's will is that we love each other. Which means caring for each other's needs with compassion and mercy. Sharing God's love in this world is God's will for our lives and places us right in Jesus' family of brothers and sisters. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment