Thursday, February 15, 2018

Who we really are...

"If, however, you turn away your hearts and will not listen, but are led astray and adore and serve other gods..."
Deuteronomy 30:17

It's all too easy to tell ourselves we aren't worshipping other gods, isn't it? But not so fast...Pray-As-You-Go invites us to think about what detractors can stand in our way and that is a bit easier to pin point. What distracts me from what I know God asks me to do? What distracts me from the person God knows I am but who I struggle to bring forth in my interactions with others? See, God knows who we really are and it is not the distracted and floundering us, but the us imbibed with Divine DNA, made and wired to love and be loved. We aren't who we aren't, Dear Ones. But who we are is lovely--truly lovely, made in the image and likeness of God. Today as we go about with the memory of ashes still on our heads, let us imagine ourselves as God's beloved, set into the world to love God and others. That is who we are. That is what we do. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment