Wednesday, March 21, 2018

R-O-B

"Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of our fathers,
praiseworthy and exalted above all forever;
And blessed is your holy and glorious name,
praiseworthy and exalted above all forever!"
Daniel 3:52

Indeed! And I'm singing this song today, my Friends! Have you ever tried something a bit new and innovative and that first time, had no idea what to expect? We are trying a new program at work, bringing in clients and community support people to a two-day training. This is the first time we've tried this sort of deal and, I don't mind telling you, I was nervous going in. I admit I spent way too much time fretting about it, too, shame on me.  I spent a bit more productive time over the weekend praying about it and came up with a little strategy that may be helpful in other situations, maybe for you.  Remember this little acronym:
R-O-B
R for respect--treat everyone with respect, even reverence.
O for obedience--do your best to do what is expected of you.
B for blessing--bless everyone you encounter by being encouraging, supportive and grateful.

I was so busy with Day One that I didn't even have to think back to R-O-B yesterday, but I had prayed with it ahead of time, so it was just there, at the ready.  I praise God for how well it turned out and for giving me what I needed to do my stuff.  The most important thing to remember is we don't do these things alone, if we call Jesus in on the caper. Today, I head into Day Two with more confidence and gratitude!   Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment