Friday, August 17, 2018

Rescue the lost!

"I call to you, Lord, all day long; to you I stretch out my hands."
Psalm 88

As exciting and wonderful this new beginning has been for me, there is humility lurking within every new situation. My first trip to the library, I accidentally walked into the men's restroom, freaking out a poor gentleman who was, thanks be to God, just washing his hands. I have been on job interviews with ponderous questions, trying to sell myself to people. I have attended a couple of meetings where I didn't know one single soul and I felt so awkward as others joyfully reunited after the summer. Having been in the same place and job for so long I hadn't felt the awkwardness of being so new and uncomfortable. Feeling it so vividly now will make me more aware of how I can help others who are new when (hopefully soon!) I am an old hand. It is incredible how God draws us toward the lessons we need to learn. I needed to step out of the boat, out of my comfort zone, and into a brand new life. It is exactly what I wanted to do and I'm thrilled with the lessons I'm learning.  I appreciate so much when someone  reaches out, greets me and shows me kindness. This is a fabulous lesson for all of us today, Friends! As school begins all around, let's make a special effort to reach out to someone new. Does anyone look lost and unfamiliar? Does anyone look like they're headed into the wrong restroom? Let's rescue them!  Love from the treehouse, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment