Wednesday, July 24, 2019

God provides...

"The Lord spoke to Moses and said, 'I have heard the grumbling of the children of Israel. Tell them: In the evening twilight you shall eat quail, and in the morning you shall have your fill of bread, so that you may know that I, the Lord, am your God.'"
Exodus 16:11-12

As I was listening to this reading on Pray-As-You-Go this morning, I watched the new squirrels in the new squirrel nest in my tree. The nest is really big and when I think of all the stuff the squirrels had to schelp up the tree in their little mouths, I marveled. I also saw a parallel between God providing for the Israelites in the desert and God providing for the squirrels in Idaho, America. God had provided all the building materials that went into this nest, as well as the instinct and wherewithal of the squirrels to get the job done. I have a feeling that God cares as deeply for the squirrels in my tree as anything God has created. God loves what God creates; it's as simple as that. Going back to yesterday's post on lamenting, the Israelites were major lamenters as they wandered around the desert. They lamented, perhaps rightly so, about everything. They even lamented, wistfully thinking about the lives they left behind in slavery in Egypt! But how did God respond to their laments? God heard them and fulfilled their needs, providing food for them. Later, they even lamented about "this wretched food," but that's a lament for another day. Today, another toasty one in Boise, let's watch for all the signs of God caring for God's own creation...including us, God's beloved. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment