Tuesday, October 1, 2019

God moves closer...

"For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not! I will help you.'"
Isaiah 41:13

This scripture has always meant the world to me. It was such a comfort during difficult times and now it is a reassurance in this joy-filled time. Our son, Blaine and his beautiful fiance, Jenn, are marrying this weekend and I am so caught up in the whirlwind of all that, I felt I almost had to introduce myself to God this morning on my walk. "Oh, hello, remember me?" I feel like I have drifted away on a raft made of worries, details and To-do lists. My mind has been so preoccupied with plans and other stuff I've neglected the readings and even setting time aside for silent prayer. The thing I realize, though, is, as I've tangled myself up in other activities, God has moved closer to me. God is filling the gap that I, myself, created. God has my right hand! This is a fabulous time with our family, Jenn's family, friends and the joy of two lives coming together, deeply in love. God isn't left out, God created it all. We love because God first loved us. And so, as the revelry builds through this week and hits full throttle this weekend, I appreciate your prayers and warm thoughts. As I will get to proclaim in the reading I am doing at the wedding, "Love should come first; it should be the beginning of and the reason for everything." (Gerald G. May, "The Awakened Heart"). Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment