Wednesday, July 20, 2011

God loves us all...

"The Egyptians were fleeing head on toward the sea, when the Lord hurled them into its midst. As the water flowed back, it covered the chariots and the charioteers..."
Exodus 14:27

This is yesterday's reading, but I'm still sort of stuck on it.  I found myself, yesterday, feeling sorry for the Egyptians! I realize this is the history of the people of Israel and history is usually written by the victors, but I found myself wondering, didn't God love the Egyptians?  My first introduction to this history was the movie, "The Ten Commandments" and, in Hollywood style, the bad guys were very bad and the good guys very good.  We cheered the Egyptians drowning in the sea!  But now, much later, as I explore the loving God, who is my reality, I wonder about those poor, drowning Egyptians.  Today, let's think about how much we don't know about God and how we cannot have it all figured out in this life.  And that has to be OK.  And, in my heart of hearts, I know that God loves everyone....even the Egyptians in Exodus!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment