Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Never forsaken, never alone...

"Anyone who wished to consult the Lord would go to this meeting tent outside the camp."
Exodus 33:7
 
This reading reminds me of my freshmen year in college.  That first semester was difficult for me and I used to seek consolation by walking around the football field at night.  I'd just walk and walk, praying as I went.  That was a particularly lonely time for me, and yet, as I walked around the lighted field, there were always three shadows.  The way the lights were set up, my shadow turned into three.  I never felt alone!  When I think back to that time--that difficult time--I see that I was as close to God as I have ever been.  In fact, there were times when God was my only friend as we met each night on the football field to discuss the passing day. I always attended the 10:00 PM mass in one of the dorms, after my walk, and that was another chance for me to meet up with the first friend I made in college...God. Let's try to remember that, during our loneliest times, as always, we are never alone.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment