Wednesday, August 31, 2011

There is a time...

"There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
A time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot the plant..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

The end of August seems so much more than just the end of August. It feels like the end of summer, the end of a whole season. September has a completely different feel to it. It is chilly mornings, new activities, and the threshold of winter. I tend to dig my heels in this time of year, reluctant to go forth into fall, with winter right behind it. This last day of August, I feel I need to latch onto to summer and not let go. But, there is a time to move forward, as this favorite reading from Ecclesiastes reminds us. We cannot linger in the summer; we must move ahead. We will soon uproot that which we have planted and God has grown. I am wistful today. Tomorrow is a new season and I have really loved this one! Blessings on your last day in August! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment