Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I will follow, but first...

"I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to my family at home."
Luke 9:61

This jumped out at me this morning, but not the entire sentence. All I saw the second time I read it was, "I will follow you, Lord, but first..." God wants us to look inside and finish that sentence for ourselves. What is keeping us from full surrender and walking with Jesus? I believe two things about full surrender: 1) It is a lifetime journey. The decision to surrender may be instantaneous, but the actual fruition of it takes a lifetime. It is a decision we take up daily. 2) Full surrender is manifested in how we live our lives every single day. It has tangible, visible qualities. Surrender can be seen in how we respond to the various situations of our lives. Surrendering to Jesus helps us look like Jesus in the difficulties and the joys of our lives. So, let's answer the question today..."I will follow you, but first..." What is holding us back? Or are we picking up our cross and daily living our lives for Jesus? Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment